vendredi 10 octobre 2008

"yummo"

I should be reading for a paper, but I've taken a break to heat up some lunch:



These are leftovers from last night. I had an ambercup squash and cooked it according to the suggestion that was on the little label, so cubed and steamed, and then fried in olive oil until it's nice and brown. I used a spice blend that I got at the grocery store, called Carribbean spice, on it. It's got a lot of things in it, lots of cumin and garlic and oregano and chiles. This tasted so, so good. The squash was awfully hard to cut up and I wondered if it would be worth it, and it definitely was. On the side is just a pile of spinach with some dressing on it. I was actually too lazy to make a real dressing, so I just drizzled some olive oil and rasberry red wine vinegar on it and cracked some pepper over top. The squash is especially nice when a little of the vinegar gets on it. And yes, I'm not going to lie, that is a pillsbury crescent roll on the side of the plate, and it tasted delicious.



Yesterday I made blueberry muffins. It's a basic recipe, with oats and buttermilk too.

I think I'd better go put on some tea, do up the dishes, then grab a muffin and get down to work!

Aucun commentaire: