dimanche 5 juin 2005

I'm feeling a little confused at the moment-- last thing I remember it was daylight out and I was studying Italian, and then all of a sudden, I woke up on the couch! Well, I can't get too upset. How can I not try out a nap on my brand-new couch?! It came! I'm so happy. Everything looks great. Except the walls, of course. Apparently I have turned into an old lady overnight, or so I'm told. This because I want to get rid of the nasty pumpkin-pie orange walls in my living room. As well, I bought brown furniture and apparently this puts me straight into the old woman category. Alas.

Now, onto the good stuff. I trashed that first sweater I was crocheting for Mum (sadly) and started a new one, a plain, funnel-necked shell from the Lion Brand patterns. I'm making it with eyelets instead of plain stockinette. It's fun like that. I'm much farther along on Dad's sweater as well since I worked on it all through training at work. I won't be seeing either of them until July, so I guess there's no big rush.

Oh! I've finally figured out Continental. I had tried it before but was unimpressed. Then Svetlana at work pointed out my 'American' method of knitting. American! No way! So that did it, I had to figure out Continental once and for all. I still haven't quite gotten the promised speed out of it, and I do feel rather as though I'm betraying my knitting forebears and their English manner. I was alright when I referred to it as English. Anyway.

I'm still in the planning mode of what to make Gran for her birthday. Today I had the thought that I will paint her portrait, and as well a watercolour of some flowers or something that she will like. But I need more than that. Hmm.... the thinking cap is on.

I would also like to note that there are Not Enough hours in a day. Working is so time-consuming. I can't remember what time I'm supposed to start tomorrow. As well I need to go shoe shopping in the morning. I tried to go today but it was 4.45 and I decided to run across to the IGA instead and spend those last fifteen minutes getting some delicious supper.

Aucun commentaire: